Saturday, June 28, 2008

Killer Yard Sale

We just held our third yard sale this summer. It was the biggest one by far, and hopes were very high to get rid of as much stuff as humanly possible.

I sell everything for 25 cents at my yard sales (or 2 or more of some things for 25 cents). Today, this included three desks, a really nice large silk plant, tools, and everything else under the sun. (Literally-- it was around 100 degrees today!)

The sale went from 6:30am until people finally stopped coming, around 3:00pm. I made $290.

Do you know what this means?

I GOT RID OF OVER 1200 THINGS TODAY!

Oh, yeah baby! It's happy dance time! Except that it hurts too much to dance right now because of the sunburn I got... :( And I look really stupid because I burned around my sunglasses, and now I have reverse-raccoon syndrome...

And in sad news, one of our kitties is missing. We posted "Lost" flyers around the neighborhood this evening. But because it was so hot today, I'm having a hard time hoping for the best. This cat doesn't have a lot in the smarts department-- it has been known to get stuck in window wells, and not know how to get out.

I'm hoping she just decided to go for a cat adventure in the fields behind our neighborhood, and will be back in a couple days. But that isn't like her-- she rarely leaves the yard (she's a scaredy cat), and prefers indoors to outdoors. I guess only time will tell. (So far, no dead cats on the roads around our neighborhood...)

Now for some sleep. I've been up since 4:30am, and am running on under 5 hours of sleep. It's time for BED! :)

No comments: