Friday, June 27, 2008

Dejunking

We're going through the garage, trying to dejunk as much as possible. With 3 households into one, there's WAY too much stuff.

There's my stuff, Ron's stuff, and what's left of Pierre's stuff. Pierre was a total packrat, and it's taken me over 6 years to get rid of all his crap. Ron likes to collect things, so he's got a small mountain to sort through. And I have 4 girls, all whom like to acquire as many small toys and trinkets and clothesclothesclothes as possible.

Tomorrow is the Killer Yard Sale. Our whole front yard is full of stuff we've weeded out of the house and garage. I want it all GONE. I should be able to accomplish this goal pretty well, since I sell EVERYTHING for 25 cents. Doesn't matter what it is, it's all 25 cents. People like my yard sales. :)

I've already held two yard sales, trying to unload all my stuff on other people. I figure if they're willing to drive to my home, and pay me to haul my crap off, all the better! It's less stuff I have to take over to the thrift store later.

Last Saturday, we made a little over $100. That's 400 items of stuff gone, people! Wahoo!!! The week before wasn't quite as good-- only $40-ish. I am trying for $200 tomorrow. I'll tell you how it goes.

No comments: