Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

randomtuesday

One of my co-workers delivered his granddaughter in the back seat of a car this last weekend. He got to sign the birth certificate, as the one who delivered the baby. The place of birth was put on the certificate at the intersection of two streets. How fun is that?

Apparently, someone got to my blog via Google by using the keywords “wee and poo gay fetish”. I am now operating in ick mode.

The groundhog saw his shadow yesterday. Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!


Pre-pregnancy jeans are like virginity. There's no going back.


I like to ponder the weirdness that is being human, like culture, society, civilization, religion, money, relationships, and how we’re not so different from other animals. And I’m one of them.

There’s this quote on my cube wall by Mia Hamm that says, “If you don’t love what you do, you won’t do it with much conviction or passion.” It reminds me that since I really don’t like my job that I need to remember to fake conviction and passion on a regular basis.

I had to tell Ron he’s going to have to put his BowFlex in another spot in the new family room. I’m so clumsy that I’d kill myself every time I would walk past the thing. It’s pretty sad when you have to plan a room around your ability to hurt yourself.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just love your random thoughts; think I might have already told you that. The only time I fit my pre preggers jeans was after kidneys stones.

Another quote I like is 'If you keep doing what you always do, you will get what you always get.'

Move the BOW, move it now.

GreenJello said...

I think kidney stones are not a good way to lose weight. Ow! It would totally not be worth it to fit back into the teensy jeans.

Here's another good quote like yours: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results." :)

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

I f***in hate the damn BowFlex machine, my boyfriend has one is a room that no one ever needs to go in or use and I still trip over it everytime I'm there : )

Thanks for comin by my blog!! I love Random thoughts!

Joe said...

Well done. I laughed more at this post than people do in a week of reading anything that I write.

GreenJello said...

So what does that say about my mind? These were the thoughts I had swirling in my head over this past week. Hmmmm....

Suldog said...

“wee and poo gay fetish”.

Yikes. I wonder what you wrote that intrigued them? Ooooog.

Casey said...

We have an elliptical that I'm forever kicking in the middle of the night. I hate it. Also, I hate it because I'm supposed to use it and I don't want to.

That's so cool about your friend's granddaughter. He probably didn't think it was cool at the time.

GreenJello said...

Suldog, it was this post. It seems to be giving me some unanticipated results!

Anonymous said...

I'm now going to google those words and find you. I have to.

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHHAHAH

Googled that exact phrase. This post came up #1. Well done.

GreenJello said...

Well, crap. LOL!

(or should I say "poo"?)

Keely said...

lol, yes, the problem with posting about Google Analytics is that it *reinforces* those weird search strings ending up at your blog!

And isn't the BowFlex *supposed* to hurt?

Ginny Marie said...

I finally got my husband to move his Nordic Trac. It was only gathering dust in the family room!

I love that Mia Hamm quote. It's a good one!

Bex said...

Pre-pregnancy jeans ... hahahaha! that cracks me up! so true, so true. i'm going to use that line!

Grant said...

Did someone say wee and poo gay fetish? Okay, I'm here. Make with the wee and poo gay fetish.

Mrsbear said...

I love these.

I would so NOT want my dad to deliver my baby, especially in a car between two intersections. Ugh.

Pre-pregnancy jeans are like virginity. lol. Those size 3s I used to wear before my first baby, I'd have to remove one of my legs to fit in to.

Mrs. C. said...

Ooh, the randomness is making me want to be random as well... especially since it has been days since I've formed a truly coherent thought...

For shame that you merely step around the Bowflex! I use mine every day, religiously. It makes a fabulous clothes drying rack.

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

What I want to know is does he use the Bow Flex faithfully?

I believe equipment is just a GREAT place to hang clothes, don't you!? And if your clothes were hanging on it, you probably wouldn't kick it 'cause you'd see your clothes and keep reminding yourself (over and over again) that you need to put them away.

Shangrila said...

"Pre-pregnancy jeans are like virginity. There's no going back." cracked me up! Very random, very fun!

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me to fake conviction and passion in the workplace. I just *knew* I was forgetting to do something today!