Monday, July 07, 2008

Home Again

....which means unpacking. Ugh.

I took Jak to the dentist this morning, and she had broken her tooth in two places. It may or may not require a root canal within the next six months, depending on whether or not it starts to turn black. Eep! I'm glad we were able to get her in so quickly upon returning, though. Our dentist is awesome. :)

But what a great vacation! I highly recommend Yellowstone to everyone. It is one of my favorite places to go. I've been there.... oh.... I think 6 or 7 times now. :) I think we saw practically every kind of animal Yellowstone has to offer. It was awesome!

I wanted to share my three favorite quotes of the trip with you:

    Jak: "Kayaking really helps your Ninja skills."

    Violet: "Mom, your ideas work 100% of the time."
    Ron: "Well, they work at least 99% of the time."
    Violet: "I guess the other 1% is where you got your scars from, huh."

    Woman we passed on a trail, talking to the guy she was with: "Don't you just hate it when the FBI comes to your house?!"

And now I'm back to the daily grind at work. Yuck.

1 comment:

Gen said...

Thanks for sharing the pics and video. Those were great! I need to take up kayaking, my ninja skills are rusty. Oh, and gotta love a man who can cook a meal in a dutch oven!