Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Phew!

So, I signed up for this "fat burner" class my work offered. Last night was the first class, and we did the baseline measurements. I weighed in at 178 pounds and 30.2% body fat. It's time to get that body fat down, and my lean body mass up!

The exercise portion will be 15 minutes a day of interval training. I tried it out this morning, doing 45 seconds of walking, and then 15 seconds of jogging, cycled for a total of 15 minutes.

I'm SO out of shape! Having a bad back means you aren't able to move as much as you used to. It's hard. The physical therapist gave me special exercises to do because of my December back surgery, so we'll see how that goes.

You alternate the interval training with strength training the opposite day (3 days for interval, 3 for strength). One day off a week. The strength training is done using just your own body, and the exercises look very similar to yoga poses. (I would like to be strong enough to be able to do yoga again!)

The class lasts 12 weeks. Maybe by then, I'll have dropped down a pants size. :)

No comments: