Friday, March 27, 2009

Well, Whaddya Know...

My work sponsored a contest on who had the best low-fat recipe. I entered in a recent favorite of mine that I made up....and I won. So now I will share it with you. It's one of those "throw it together" kind of dishes, and is fast and easy.

Fill a pan with water, about half an inch. Sprinkle in some salt. Sprinkle rosemary in water. Turn to medium heat, and put in a boneless, skinless chicken breast. Sprinkle poultry seasoning liberally on chicken. Allow to come to a boil; turn chicken over. Sprinkle other side with poultry seasoning. Allow to finish cooking (approximately another 5 minutes). When chicken is cooked through, take out of water and cut into small slices. Spoon some of the broth over the cut chicken pieces.

It is REALLY good. And simple to make!

5 comments:

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

That sounds really good! And I have rosemary growing in my flower bed! Will have to give that a try after I recover from saying good-bye to my little Nebraska grandkids tomorrow. This has been a sweet trip, but I am EXHAUSTED. :-)

Casey said...

Oh yeah, I'm adding this one to my list of things to try. Congrats on winning, what did you get as a prize?

Anonymous said...

OK sounds good and I will give it a try, but you know if you fill a pan with water it will more than half an inch Teehee!

Suldog said...

Cool. I've been enjoying a lot of chicken recently, so I'll give this a try soon.

Casey said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm sitting here following your chicken recipe. ME!

You may have accomplished something that no other blogger has done before, you got me to cook.