Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Life

Okay, so I've been really lax about writing lately. I've been up to my eyeballs in scrapbooking stuff (I have finished one complete 2-page layout, it's really cute, and ready to post to eBay this weekend), shuttling kids to soccer games and practices, work has been ultra-busy, watching American Idol (Taylor made the top 12!), painting Kayla's bedroom, etc. All convenient excuses not to write, I know... :)

Last night, I had to put a new doorknob on my bedroom door-- one with a keyed lock. My mascara went mysteriously 'missing' again, and the only one who uses my makeup without asking is Shandy. This time, though, it didn't reappear. I'm tired of her taking my stuff (makeup, clothes, little things that are mine that she decides she wants...). So my door was locked as I left this morning. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to keep someone from coming into my room from the bay window door, which is accessible with the housekey (as it's the outside door lock). I'm sure that if she really wants in my room, she'll go in through that way. It's pretty sad that I'm having to lock my room up. It's even sadder that Kayla's new room that's almost finished in the basement will also need a keyed lock for the same reason.

I still don't know what to do with that child. She's a completely different teen than I was... I mean, I was interested in earning my parents' trust so I could have the car keys, y'know? I wanted a job so I could earn money, and in turn go do and buy the things I wanted. And to do that, my parents had to trust me. I can't do that with Shandy right now.

So here's an upcoming dilemma-- my brother is planning on giving Shandy his old car on her 16th birthday. How do you go about enforcing driving 'privileges' when the kid owns the car? Insist on a copy of the key and get "The Club"? Mileage checks?

Maybe the aliens will bring back her totally sweet nature in the next few months.

No comments: