Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Choice Has Been Made

Thank you to everyone who left comments to help me choose one of my photos for the photography contest at work. The theme is "What I Am Thankful For", and must be accompanied by why you are thankful about what is depicted in the photograph.

I had folks in three different places list their favorites, and the winner was the leaf. The text I included with it was:

"The cycling of the seasons reminds me that there is an elegance throughout every stage of life. I am thankful that autumn leaves provide such beauty to the world, in life and in death."

I'll update you if I manage to win this year! :)

9 comments:

kyooty said...

Excellent!

gretchen said...

Great choice! The text is eloquent and TRUE.

Grant said...

You really should have used the bunny pic. "I am thankful for violent Asian schoolgirls, because they are totally hot, especially when they make out with each other." But apparently you aren't taking the competition seriously. :p

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

that was great and i feel the exact same way about leaves

there can be beauty in life and in death

ParkerMama said...

Sending you winning vibes!

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Sorry I missed this, but your photography is wonderful! ♥ Have a great and thankful week and Thanksgiving. We'll be traveling, beginning this Friday, so work is crazy right now. Just popping in to say good-night.

Suldog said...

Well, if you don't win, please point us to a viewing of the winner(s). I think that leaf shot is awesome, and I can't imagine what might be judged better, but if something is judged better, I want to see it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! a perfect pairing! text and pic

Otter Thomas said...

Great text. You are obviously multitalented.