2 eggplant, peeled and cut into ¼” slices
2 eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt and 1 Tbsp. water
2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs, mixed with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
2 jars (32oz) spaghetti sauce
¾ to 1 lb. mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ tsp. dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Sweat the sliced eggplant by sprinkling with sea salt and letting sit for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat completely dry with paper towels.
3. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese.
4. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with olive oil. Bake for 7 minutes on each side. Remove from oven; lower temperature to 400 degrees.
5. In a 9x13 baking dish, spread one jar of spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom. Place half the eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layering with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
6. Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Free Stuff Times Weekend Summary
8 hours ago